In the extrusion process of aluminum sheet, problems such as surface peeling or bubbles often occur. What causes these problems? How can we eliminate them? Let the aluminum sheet manufacturer solve your doubts.
(1) The extrusion barrel and pad are worn beyond standard, and the size of the extrusion barrel and pad is not appropriate. The difference in the diameter of the used gasket exceeds the allowable value.
(2) The extrusion barrel and pad are too dirty, and there are oil, water, graphite, etc. sticking to them.
(3) The lubricating oil contains water.
(4) There are too many shovel grooves on the surface of the ingot, which are too deep, or there are pores, sand holes, loose organization, oil pollution, etc. on the surface.
(5) The barrel is not cleaned thoroughly when changing the alloy.
(6) The temperature of the extrusion barrel and the extrusion ingot is too high.
(7) The temperature and size of the ingot exceed the allowable negative deviation.
(8) The ingot is too long, filled too quickly, the temperature is uneven, and non-bulging filling is caused, resulting in incomplete exhaust inside the barrel, or improper operation without performing the exhaust process.
(9) The design of the die hole is unreasonable, or the residual material is not cut properly, and the residual material in the diversion hole and the flow hole is partially taken out, and the gas in the clearance during extrusion enters the surface.
(1) Reasonably design the size of the extrusion barrel and pad, and regularly check the tool size to ensure that it meets the requirements. Repair the extrusion barrel in time when there is a big belly, and the extrusion pad must not exceed the standard.
(2) Keep the tools and ingot surface clean, smooth, and dry.
(3) Thoroughly clean when changing the alloy.
(4) Regularly check the equipment and instruments to prevent excessive temperature or speed.
(5) Strictly implement process regulations and various systems.
(6) Reasonably design and manufacture molds, design diversion holes and flow holes with a slope of 1°-3°; strictly operate, cut residual materials correctly, and exhaust completely.
Through expert answers, we believe that you have a profound understanding of the causes and elimination methods of bubbles and peeling in aluminum plate extrusion. Avoiding these problems in daily production can reduce losses and improve product yield.
Aluminum sheet refers to aluminum materials with a thickness of more than 0.2mm and less than 500mm, a width of more than 200mm, and a length of less than 16m. Materials with a thickness of less than 0.2mm are aluminum materials, and materials with a width of less than 200mm are rod materials or strip materials (of course, with the advancement of large equipment, there are also many aluminum sheets that can be made up to 600mm wide). Aluminum sheet is a rectangular plate made by rolling and processing aluminum ingots, which can be divided into pure aluminum sheet, alloy aluminum sheet, thin aluminum sheet, medium-thick aluminum sheet, and patterned aluminum sheet.